The ESOL Literacy Resource Pack is a comprehensive pack of teaching and learning materials for students with zero or very low levels of English literacy.
It includes: teaching and learning materials; a detailed teacher’s guide; a teacher’s record of student’s work; a student’s record of achievement.
The 13 units of materials enable students to develop their reading and writing from a complete beginner starting point.
The language used is basic and reflects language used in the beginner level classroom eg present simple tenses; common frequency vocabulary.
A multi-sensory approach is used. Students develop strategies to learn spellings, and opportunities for ‘language experience’ are built into each unit.
Study skills are systematically developed, as are handwriting, punctuation and use of capital letters.
- Mapped to the ESOL Curriculum (UK).
- - Five very simple readers with related activities.
- - Alphabet pictures (the pictures reflect a useful adult lexis).
- - Worksheets focussing on initial letter sounds.
- - Worksheets to practise common blends (eg ‘bl’) and digraphs (eg ‘sh’).
- - Visuals for teaching social sight words (and flashcards to match).
- - Materials to teach form-filling.
- - Materials to teach months, days and numbers as words.
- - Wall display alphabet.
- - A4 visuals.
- - A beginner-friendly font to load onto your computer.
- - Materials to teach handwriting.